History and Description
BE IT KNOWN that the Central Advisory Council came into being on July 1, 1971, upon the election of its first body as recognized by the Memorandum of Accord.
Jack Mayberry, Chairman of the Central Advisory Council, Charles Swibel, Chairman of the Board of Commissioners of the Chicago Housing Authority, C.E. Humphrey, Executive Director of the Chicago Housing Authority, and Paul Kaup for the Regional Administrator of the Department of Housing and Urban Development signed the Memorandum of Accord on April 8, 1971; H. Ernest Lafontant was General Counsel of the Central Advisory Council.
- Read more (pdf)
Plan For Transformation History – Letters and Documents
- MOA (FINAL and EXECUTED) (pdf)
- CONSENT DECREE (pdf)
- CAC letter Dated May, 2000 (pdf)
- CAC Letter Dated July, 2000 (pdf)
- CAC Comments and CHA Responses on Year Ten Plan (pdf)
- CAC Comments and CHA Responses on MTW (pdf)
- HUD Letter Dated November, 1999 (pdf)
- Gautreaux Decision (pdf)
- Memorandum and Opinion Granting SJ (pdf)
Relocation Rights Contract and Notices
Relocation Rights Contract
Notices You Should Know About
Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP) and Lease
Form for Filing a Grievance
Link to ACOP (?)
Other documents (TBD)
Central Advisory Council Members
Click here for a list of the CAC’s members and information on how to contact them.